You were there for summer dreamin'

Monday, August 29, 2005

The real reason of me quitting is......

Today, a fellow colleague asked me the all too familiar question that everyone has been asking me since a month ago: Why did you quit?

Me: i found a job that is nearer to my house
Him: That is a lousy excuse, are you sure??

What can i say! Of course there are many other reasons why a person would resign. It ranges from the predictable "My work is boring", "I do not get along with my boss" and to the hilariously ridiculous "I do not like the carpet floor colour".

Seriously, for me: The single most encompassing reason of all reasons is that I've found a job that is nearer to my house!

I stay at Yio Chu Kang and my workplace is in Boon Lay.
Every morning, i'm sitting in the train for 50mins, not forgetting i have to change at Jurong East to the West Line. I wake up at 6.40am everyday, leave my house at 7.05am as Dad fetches me to Ang Mo Kio Mrt (Thankfully for that) and i only reach Boon Lay at 8.10am. The company van arrives at 8.25am and i only reach office at 8.40am! Official working hours start at 8.30am.
I wake up so early in the morning and yet i'm still late *bleah*

The new workplace will be at Somerset. 7 train stops from Ang Mo Kio MRT.
The train will definately be crowded since it's headed to town so i have to stand and also squeeze with the morning crowd unlike currently, i will get a confirmed seat if i head to the opposite direction. But...... most probably, my parents will drop me off at Somerset MRT since their working place is at Lau Pa Sat area. So yippie!! i save on transport and time :)

Yes, there are also other reasons: MORE PAY, MORE ANNUAL LEAVE, 5 DAY WEEK, CONFIRMED BONUSES, MORE FRINGE BENEFITS and... I get MY SANITY back!!

4 more days to regain my long lost sanity back.
I can't wait..really...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home