You were there for summer dreamin'

Friday, September 09, 2005

1st Day at Work

Reached the new place at 7.50am! Bright and early on a Friday morning.
Met the HR personnel and we went into the meeting room where she has a checklist of things for me to fill up and to brief. I lost count of the number of times i had to write my name and IC No. Really so many forms. I think around 7 times?

She then brought me to the dept where i was gonna be.
Met with the director who brought me around the various departments and introduced me to the colleagues.
At that instance, my mind drifted to the all familiar scenario in ST where i was also brought around the company on my first day too.

Well, during those introductions, i remember faces and vaguely remember their names. Oh well, just gimme time and i soon will. One thing that struck me as i was going around was that majority of them were all middle-aged in their 40s and 50s.
(Later on, i was told that most of them stayed for 20+ years.)

I was then brought to my workstation.
My workstation tucked away in a corner with a LCD monitor, my own printer, and Best of it all- PRIVACY. *Bliss*
I then looked through the files on Budget, the in-house newsletter, annual report. So much to digest.

Indeed working in the govt sector and private sector is so different. Systematic workflow. Lotsa meetings. Distinguishing traces of the various postions which was apparant in the type of office furniture given and the dividers between workstations.

Lunch was alright. The people there seemed nice.
I hope the new job is going to be just fine and smooth-sailing.

I still miss the company of the gals of ST.
Thanks for the meal and drink treat on my last day. It was great hanging out with you gals.
Talk to you gals on MSN!
Update me on ST happenings ya!

A New Beginning, A New Life - That's the Way Life is (Se A Vida E)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home